Thursday, September 13, 2012

Christmas Challenge (and a winner...)!

Hi everyone! Alanna here to tell you all about our next challenge! But first of all, I better announce the winner from Sandra's August challenge :)

Belinda Baker is this month's lucky winner of a $15 voucher to Kerry's Crafty Cards and Cuts online store! Here is Belinda's layout...



Now, onto this month's challenge! We have decided to change things up here a little bit and make this challenge run for not one, but two, months! So, entries will be due Sunday 4th November, midnight (Adelaide time).

What is the challenge you might be asking??

I thought because we (the design team) were showcasing all things Christmas this month, I would stick with that theme, with a little twist of course!! I would like you to create a Christmas themed project, but with NON-typical Christmas papers. I'll show you my example and then explain what I mean...




Looks like a normal Christmas card doesn't it? My challenge to you though, is to make a project WITHOUT reaching for your Christmas collections! This was so hard for me because I have an abundance of 2-3 year old Christmas collections that I need to use up, but I managed! Although I have still used typical Christmas colours, and a Christmas sentiment (I'll allow that!), I haven't used actual Christmas papers.

I used Echo Park's Dots and Stripes paper pad to make the background, and then teamed it with a tree stamp and some distress inked panels. And of course, a bit of twine!








Here are a few guidelines to the challenge:

1. Entries - due Sunday 4th November at midnight (Central Standard Time-Adelaide time).
2. Each person may enter up to three times, but they must be different project types (ie. one card, one layout and one mini album).
3. Entries are to be posted on the store facebook page (here) where Kerry or Alanna will add them to an album.
5. Prizes will be drawn by random selection and announced the following week on the blog.
6. Prizes are 2x $15 voucher to the online store.

If you're having any trouble adding a photo to facebook, please leave us a comment or email Kerry.



I'm looking forward to seeing what you all come up with! Remember... stay away from those Christmas collections!! And keep an eye on the blog over the next few weeks as the other design team girls showcase their takes on the challenge!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...