Saturday, July 20, 2013

Sweet Pea Wall Art

Hey everyone, it's Alanna here today. Sorry it's been a bit quiet on the blog front this month - we're all had some unexpected things pop up in our lives over the last couple of weeks. But I'm here today to share a beyond the page project I started a week ago, and finally finished today. Rushing to get it up on the blog (the glue hasn't even dried yet!) so I can go have a nap before my night shift tonight!

As some of you might know from the facebook page, Kerry and I went over to Geelong, Victoria, for Kaisercraft's annual retailers day. While there, we got to shop in the warehouse. And by shop, I mean, I walked around picking things off the shelves and convincing Kerry to get them for me ;) These BTP 3D wall arts were one of them - I got them in butterfly, heart, and today's project - bird. I can't beleive how easy this was to make - don't let the fact it took me a week to get it done fool you...



I used this month's Sweet Pea collection from Kaisercraft - papers (dandy and sassy), sticker sheet and collectables. I also used KaiserColour paint (pale beige) and a pearl (latte) for the birds eye. And I inked the edges with Tim Holtz antique linen distress ink.



I cut a quote from the sticker sheet in thirds and also added a subtle heart that blends in perfectly with the background paper. I raised both of these up on foam tape. For those of you who don't like using stickers (like me) I have two little tips for you. One, is what I do more often than not - adhere foam tape to the sticker and then you can play around with positioning a lot easier. The second tip is from Melissa Kennedy herself - talcalm powder on the sticker and it looses its stick.



All the flowers and leaves in this bottom corner are from the collectables pack. Again, I raised a couple up with foam tape. Love adding dimension, especially to beyond the page projects!



And that's it. Thanks for stopping by the blog today :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...